Facilities and What’s Included
Each yurt has:
- Beds: Yurts 1, 2 and 3 have a super king-size bed (6ft x 6ft). Yurts 4 and 5 have a king-size bed. All have a mix of daybeds and futons.
- Pillows but no bedding, so you need to bring either a duvet and covers/sheets or a sleeping bag. We have a small number of duvets available to hire (see below).
- A mix of furniture including some decorated Mongolian furniture, stools, chairs, coffee and side tables, throws, rugs and cushions.
- A wood burning stove. We supply enough kindling and wood for normal usage for the duration of your stay. Sadly, due to a number of guests using the wood on the campfire, we have had to introduce a charge for additional wood. A large sack of logs is £5 and a sack of sticks £3. Twigs and fallen wood can also be collected free from our woods. Firelighters are available to purchase at £1 per pack.
- Solar powered fairy lights inside the yurts and solar lanterns on each yurt deck and on the main kitchen deck. A small torch is provided but please feel free bring your own.
- 2 power points in each yurt for the electric lighting and to charge devices.
- Its own wooden deck, with chairs, tables, benches, a chimenea, a built in stone BBQ and a wood store. Sustainable charcoal from Gwent Wildlife Trust is available to purchase at £5 per sack for the BBQ.
- Each yurt has a smoke alarm, carbon monoxide detector, fire extinguisher and a fire notice. Please take the time to locate these upon arrival.
- A complimentary bottle of locally made apple juice from BC Bees Monmouthshire.
The main kitchen has:
- 2 electric 4-ring cookers with oven and grill.
- One fridge for each yurt, communal freezer.
- Dishwasher, toaster, kettles, espresso/cappuccino maker, cafetieres, juicer, large teapots, bread maker.
- Crockery and cutlery, glasses, cooking utensils including lots of large crock pots and saucepans, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, plenty of tea towels and bin bags.
- A cupboard for each yurt for food storage.
- Spare sockets that can be used to charge devices.
- A large decked area with a covered pergola, tables, chairs, benches and loungers. There are 2 high chairs.
The Bathroom facilities are:
- 1 bath with shower over.
- 1 separate shower.
- 2 flushing loos (loo paper is supplied).
- Hand basins.
- There are sockets for plugging in hairdryers.
- There are also 2 composting loos near to Yurts 1 and 2.
- There are picnic benches, chairs and tables on the deck outside the kitchen. The pergola has a canvas cover which provides shelter from the rain.
- Safari style dining tent with 6m long table.
- A wood burning pizza oven. We even have a bread maker for you to make your own dough!
- Communal BBQs situated alongside the pizza oven.
- A Dutch oven may be hired, please pre-book with us.
- A communal camp fire is located in the centre of the field and we try and keep a stock of camp fire wood nearby but foraging for firewood in the woods is always encouraged (and great fun!).
- A newly installed chicken run which has 1/2 a dozen hens to provide fresh eggs for all our guests (within reason). We have Burford Browns (large dark brown eggs), White Leghorns (large paper white eggs), Legbarrs (small pail blue eggs) and Copper Morans (large light brown eggs).
- We have a well stocked games cupboard with lots of board games including Monopoly, Scrabble, Risk and Trivial Pursuit, Lego, farmyard toys and books.
- Equipment is provided for outdoor games including rounders, badminton, cricket, boules, croquet, giant jenga, quoits and others!
- All we ask is that parents supervise their children, return games to the cupboard and let us know if there are missing bits!
- 43 acres of woods to build dens and play in, 37 acres of meadows rich with wildlife and a huge range of flora and fauna.
Check list! Don’t forget to bring:
- Our address and directions.
- Details of your booking so we can check you in quickly (easiest if you print out your booking confirmation).
- Sleeping bags or duvets plus sheets, pillow cases (pillows supplied). Cot bedding.
- Towels and toiletries.
- Wellies – even in summer! Walking shoes. Crocs/slip on shoes are also useful.
- Soft shoes/slippers to use inside the yurt.
- Torches – it’s dark here! There are no lights between the yurt field and the car park though there is solar lighting at the campsite.
- Food and drink. No need to bring bottled water though as we have our own spring. Don’t forget your espresso coffee if you want to use the espresso maker. See our Important Information page for info about groceries and local conveniences, we can accept deliveries on site and put shopping away for you before you arrive.
- A duck (plastic!) if you want to race it down the stream and perhaps something to put in the fairy garden – the fairies love things like pretty shells etc.
- Duvets: We have a small number of duvets available to hire at £2.50 per single and £5 per double duvet, per stay, but these need to be booked in advance (and this does not include duvet covers).
- Charcoal £5 per bag.
- Eggs can be purchased from our supplies if there are not enough in the chicken run.
- Extra logs and kindling. A large sack of logs is £5 and kindling £3.
- Firelighters at £1 per pack.
- Waterproof mattresses and disposable protectors are available – please let us know if you need these (it is better to be safe than sorry and an accident could cause irreparable damage to our very special Mongolian furniture!).
- Cots can be provided but prior notice is required as we only have 2.
If you have any questions or feel we have missed anything from the above please do get in contact.
Please also read our Important Information page to find out about arrivals and departures, groceries and local shops.
Please also ensure that you have read our Terms and Conditions. Acceptance of these is a condition of booking with us.