Facilities and What’s Included
Each yurt has:
- Beds: Yurts 1, 2 and 3 have a super king-size bed (6ft x 6ft). Yurts 4 and 5 have a king-size bed. All have a mix of daybeds and futons.
- No bedding, so you need to bring either a duvet and covers/sheets or a sleeping bag plus pillows. We normally have a small number of duvets available to hire (see below).
- A mix of furniture including some decorated Mongolian furniture, stools, chairs, rugs and side tables.
- A wood burning stove. During spring and autumn we supply enough kindling and wood for normal usage for the duration of your stay. Kindling and wood is only provided during the summer on request should you require them.
- Solar powered fairy lights inside the yurts and solar lights outside. We recommend bringing your own torch.
- 2 power points in each yurt for the electric lighting and to charge devices.
- Its own wooden deck, with chairs, tables, benches, a chimenea, a built in brick BBQ and a wood store. Sustainable charcoal made on site by us is available to purchase at £8 per sack for the BBQ.
- Each yurt has a smoke alarm, carbon monoxide detector, fire extinguisher and a fire notice. Please take the time to locate these upon arrival.
We have two separate kitchens on the main deck. Each kitchen has:
- 2 electric 4-ring cookers with oven and grill.
- One fridge for each yurt, communal freezer.
- Dishwasher, toaster, kettles, espresso/cappuccino maker, cafetieres, large teapots.
- Crockery and cutlery, glasses, cooking utensils including lots of large crock pots and saucepans, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, plenty of tea towels and bin bags.
- A cupboard for each yurt for food storage.
- Spare sockets that can be used to charge devices.
- A large decked area with a covered pergola, tables, chairs, benches and loungers. There is 1 high chair.
Yurt 1 has its own kitchen, you can find out what is included here.
Each yurt now has its own private bathroom facilities (installation completed for the 2022 season). Yurts 2, 3, 4 and 5 each have a private bathroom with:
- 1 bath with shower over.
- 1 flushing loo (loo paper is supplied).
- Hand basin.
- Shaver socket and light.
Yurt 1 has its own toilet and outdoor safari shower.
- There are picnic benches, chairs and tables on the deck outside the kitchen with a roofed area which provides shelter from the rain.
- Safari style dining tent with 6m long table.
- A wood burning pizza oven.
- Communal BBQs situated alongside the pizza oven.
- A Dutch oven may be hired, please pre-book with us.
- A communal campfire is located in the centre of the field and we try and keep a stock of campfire wood nearby but foraging for firewood in the woods is always encouraged (and great fun!).
- A chicken run which guests are invited to check for fresh eggs each day (not guaranteed).
Check list! Don’t forget to bring:
- Our address and directions.
- Details of your booking so we can check you in quickly (easiest if you print out your booking confirmation).
- All bedding: sleeping bags or duvets, pillows, sheets and pillow cases. Cot bedding.
- Towels and toiletries.
- Wellies – even in summer! You’ll all enjoy splashing in the stream. Walking boots/shoes (even in the summer!). Crocs/slip on shoes are also useful for walking between the yurts and the communal facilities.
- Soft shoes/slippers to use inside the yurt.
- Torches – it’s dark here! There are no lights between the yurt field and the car park though there is solar lighting around the yurts.
- Food and drink. No need to bring bottled water though as we have our own spring. Don’t forget your espresso coffee if you want to use the espresso maker. See our Important Information page for info about groceries and local conveniences.
- Marshmallows to roast over the campfire.
- Games – outdoor games and some indoor board games just incase of wet weather!
- A duck (plastic!) if you want to race it down the stream and perhaps something to put in the fairy garden – the fairies love things like pretty shells etc.
Additional items available:
- Bedding: We have a limited amount of bedding available to hire and these need to be booked in advance: Pillows £1, double duvets £5, single duvets £2.50. Double bedding (duvet cover, sheet, pillowcase) £5, single bedding (duvet cover, sheet & pillowcase) £2.50. Package – complete double package inc. pillow £10.00, complete single package inc. pillow £5.
- Charcoal £8 per bag.
- Eggs can be purchased from our supplies if there are not enough in the chicken run. Eggs £1.50 per half doz.
- Extra logs and kindling: sadly, due to a number of guests taking the wood provided and using it on the campfire, we have had to introduce a charge for additional wood. Any further large sacks of logs required are £8 and kindling is £5. Twigs and fallen wood can also be collected free from our woods.
- Firelighters at £1 per pack.
- Waterproof mattress covers are included on all mattresses as standard but please do consider bringing your own as well if your little ones do have accidents (it is better to be safe than sorry and an accident could cause irreparable damage to our very special Mongolian furniture!). Please do tell us if your children have had an accident and we will provide clean and dry protectors at no cost.
If you have any questions or feel we have missed anything from the above please do get in contact.
Please also read our Important Information page to find out about arrivals and departures, groceries and local shops.
Please also ensure that you have read our Terms and Conditions. Acceptance of these is a condition of booking with us.