We are passionate about sustainability, but that doesn’t mean we expect you to suffer for our beliefs! It’s your holiday and we are happy to look after our bit of the planet, while you relax and enjoy it. There are comfortable beds, plenty of hot water, microwaves and even a dishwasher! But behind the scenes we are working hard to be as environmentally sustainable as we can:
- All of the wood that built the decks and buildings was grown and milled on our farm or locally sourced.
- The off cuts are burnt in the wood burning stoves and even the sawdust is used in the compost loos.
- All of the water is heated by solar power, but there is electric back up on very cloudy days.
- Our drinking and bathing water is from a spring so you will be drinking, washing and even flushing the toilets with 100% pure Welsh spring water. Why not find a bottle and take some home?
- Yurts 1 and 2 have composting toilets.
- We brought Highland cattle and and Soay sheep onto the farm who naturally clear unwanted brambles and shrub (and they’ve done a wonderful job so far!).
- 37 acres of woodland meadows which attract an abundance of wildlife.
- Solar powered fairy lights inside the yurts, solar lighting outside plus solar lanterns on each yurt deck and on the main kitchen deck.
- In 2018 we are even making our own sustainable charcoal for the bbqs.
We run our farm with nature at its heart. The buzzing of the bees and the singing of the birds confirm we are on the right path.