The Lake House Facilities and Information
The Lake House has been lovingly renovated to include all of the mod cons you would expect from a holiday home, and more. We want our guests to be comfortable and at ease and hope that you will find everything you need in the following list of what is included.
The living area has:
• A log burner.
• Seating in the form of a sofa bed and chairs.
• Table and chairs for indoor dining.
• TV and DVD player.
• A selection of toys and games.
• Pendant lights, wall light and table lamps, all centrally switched.
• A built-in USB charge point.
• Central heating throughout.
The kitchen has:
• An electric oven, hob, extractor cooker hood, toaster, microwave.
• Dishwasher, SMEG fridge freezer, coffee machine, kettle, food mixer.
• We also provide mugs, plates (large and small), bowls, utensils, cutlery, mixing bowls, dishes, baking equipment and more; really everything you would expect in a kitchen at home.
The bathroom facilities are:
• En-suite shower room to main bedroom with walk in shower, hand basin, flushing toilet and heated towel rail/radiator.
• Main family bathroom with walk in shower, full size bath, hand basin, flushing toilet and heated towel rail/radiator.
• All towels provided.
The bedrooms have:
The main bedroom:
• Has an en-suite shower room.
• Double bed with all bedding provided.
• Bedside lamps, operated from wall switches by the door and bed.
• 2 built-in USB charger points (one either side of the bed).
• Pendant light and wall lights.
• Plenty of storage for clothes.
The second bedroom:
• 2 single beds, which can be zipped together to make a double bed. All bedding provided.
• Bedside lamps, operated from wall switches by the door and beds.
• 2 USB built-in charger points.
• Pendant and wall lights.
• Storage for clothes.
• Overlooking the lake is a two-level deck area.
• Table and chairs with a BBQ grill and tools.
• Large grass area for picnics, with a section shaded by a large willow tree (somewhere to cool to relax on those hot summer days).
• A covered veranda that runs the full length of the building for somewhere to sit outside on rainy days. Secured to stop small children accessing the lake.
• We also have a Dutch oven available for those of you interested in campfire cooking, please pre-book this.
Important information about the lake:
Sadly there is no swimming in the lake. Please be aware that it is deeper than it looks. We do ask that parents take care and supervise their children when playing by the lake and stream. There are flotation devices around the lake and on the deck area, these are not toys and are there for your safety and are not to be removed unless in an emergency.
• Around the rear of the building is a log store with an ample supply of logs for use in the log burner.
• Games: we provide a small selection of board games and toys – all we ask is that parents supervise the use and make sure they are put away when finished with. Please let us know if there are missing bits!
• A full first aid kit is located in the kitchen, please let us know if you use any items so we can make sure they are replaced.
• A fire extinguisher, a fire blanket, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are provided.
Plenty to do and see:
• There are 43 acres of woods to build dens and play in, 37 acres of old meadows rich with wildlife and a huge range of flora and fauna. There is a beautiful stream running through Lower Glyn Farm which is just perfect to dam and there are the Highland cattle and sheep to watch. If you want to borrow a dog then Tilly, our Springer Spaniel is always ready for a walk. See our About Us page which has more information about us, the land, the wildlife and the walks available, see our On Site Activities page for additional treats to take part in while you’re here and see our Out & About page to find out about local activities.
Hot tubs can be hired and situated on the ground next to The Lake House. Please get in contact with Hot Tubs Rock to arrange this and they will communicate with us about setting up and taking away the tub/tubs.
The Lake House sleeps a maximum of four people across two bedrooms. There is a large open plan living area making The Lake House an ideal venue for training, corporate events, courses and retreats. We do also welcome larger groups and even whole site bookings combining The Lake House with our yurt accommodation. Our glamping site has five yurts sleeping up to 31 in total, which means we can accept groups of up to 35 across all of our accommodation (perfect for a rural wedding perhaps?). Please get in contact to discuss your group’s requirements as this cannot be booked online. A damage deposit is required for groups, please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.
Unfortunately pets are not allowed.
Checklist: Don’t forget to bring
• Our directions/postcode – can be found here.
• Torches – it’s dark here! There are no streetlights (there are no streets) and no lighting between the car park and The Lake House.
• Suitable footwear, the paths can get very muddy, even in summer!
• Slippers/soft shoes to use inside.
• Food and drink. No need to bring bottled water though – we have our own spring and you can even take some lovely Welsh spring water home with you.
If you have any questions or feel we have missed anything from the above please do get in contact.
Please also read our Important Information page to find out about arrivals and departures, groceries and local shops.
Please also ensure that you have read our Terms and Conditions. Acceptance of these is a condition of booking with us.